AKRF, Inc., a leading engineering, planning and environmental consulting firm, is seeking a motivated and experienced Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)/Certified Safety Professional (CSP) to develop and manage external industrial hygiene and safety services and manage the firm’s internal health & safety program.
- Minimum of 10+years of relevant occupational safety and health/industrial hygiene experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in the earth sciences, geology, engineering, industrial hygiene, occupational health, and/or equivalent; advanced degree is desirable.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), and relevant training certifications (e.g., 40-hour and 8-hour Supervisor HAZWOPER, 10-hour construction, etc.)
- Experience performing/leading industrial hygiene surveys and audits; indoor air quality (IAQ) and sick building assessments, environmental, health and safety (EH&S)/occupational safety training; and medical monitoring program oversight.
- Experience developing, implementing, and managing project-level and group-level health and safety programs, including developing and implementing health and safety plans and ensuring requisite training for field and industrial operations.
- Experience developing, managing, and reporting on personal and perimeter/community air monitoring programs.
- Experience with mold, asbestos, and lead inspection and management; licenses a plus.
- Experience conducting accident investigations and preparing incident reports, as well as preparation and maintenance of recordkeeping to meet corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Experience interacting with regulatory agencies (e.g. OSHA, local and state health & environmental departments)
- Strong managerial, business development, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience related to railroad and/or New York City metro area construction (e.g., cranes, scaffolds, sidewalk protection, trenches/excavations, etc.) a plus.
Location: Support to be provided firm-wide, but position can be located in AKRF’s New York City, Hudson Valley, New Jersey or Philadelphia office.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Compensation will range from $100,000-$150,000.
AKRF enforces a policy of equal employment opportunity in our daily operations. The firm has a demonstrated history of hiring, training, developing, promoting and retaining minority group members and women. All employment-related decisions are based solely on relevant criteria and without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, caregiver status, military/veteran status or citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.